Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fat

Grossly dramatic three-dimensional visual replica of human fat molded with the same techniques used to create Life/form® food replicas. A shocking but strongly motivating attention-getter. Made of soft, pliable, long-lasting vinyl plastic, this replica has a profound, memorable effect when passed around among the audience. Replica represents approximate volume of real fatty tissue; weights vary.



Here is another way to figure the fat. Two cups of fat is one pound.



Folks might remember Oprah’s epic weight loss in 1988, which she celebrated by rolling out of a wagon filled with 67 pounds of fat to represent the weight she’d lost using a liquid protein diet.




There are lots of ways to look at fat, aren't there?
That pic above is HUGE for me, I remember watching that Oprah episode with my Mom when she wheeled out that wagon, looking sooooo good. I wanted to do what she did. I remember her talking about how she called a friend wanting to EAT and thinking, hmmm, not so much. I cut that out of a magazine and saved that photo when I did WW after high school. It was inspirational for me. Still is. So I looked it up. I've now lost more than that wagon of fat she is pulling. I've lost 69 pounds as of today. 69 pounds is a LOT of weight. 69 pounds is two of my 2 yr old daughters. 69 pounds is 69 of those bad boy fat replicas up there. Bottom line is, 69 pounds is a LOT of weight. I am feeling good about my weight loss these days. Getting compliments at work, from friends...it's all lovely. I'm wearing a size 18 jeans that when I bought them a little over a week ago were a bit too tight, now they fit comfy. I used to wear a size 26/28. I am happy I have come this far, eager to go farther. I have filled up a lot of my rainbow path, which I will take a pic and share later. I looked at that today and felt so good that I stuck with my healthy eating plan and have reached my first short term goal, almost to my second- then on to my last. It feels so amazingly good I cannot put it into words. But believe me, I won't grow tired of trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment