Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Schmenesday

Well, I'm happy to blog that I've gotten back on track and had a great work-out last night.
It's not been easy, I have pin pointed my toughest time for having to stop myself with eating is late afternoon/early evening, before dinner. While making dinner it's darn near impossible not to snack and indulge for me. Then dinner is ready and I'm not even hungry, because I've filled up on everything then I eat dinner anyway! I'm trying to battle back with this fight by having crystal light readily available (love that stuff-but I am trying to break myself of it eventually) and veggie snacks. SO HARD! Once dinner is over, it's much easier for me. I tell myself I'm "done" with food for the day, and that's it. I also love a work-out in the evening, I feel like I'm burning more calories working out late. Don't know if that's true or not, but it feels good in my mind!
I've also got a new motivator, I'm doing my first ever 5K, Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning! Never thought in a million years I'd be doing a 5K, let alone at the butt crack of dawn. GO ME! It helps that a great friend of mine agreed to do it as well, moral support is awesome.
One thing I've been thinking about lately is wondering why I've been successful this time around. And doing it alone, no programs, no meal plans, no calorie counting...just me. I think it's that I have just kept on with it. If I have a bad time with something-giving in to a dessert, for example-which for me easily leads into "well, I had that so I may as well have this too" which leads to "why work-out, I've already done damage" then it can be a couple days before I get out of that hole and back on track. Before now, I'd get that bad and quit. Although I haven't had a really bad lengthy mess up time, I've gotten myself back on track each time I slip up. I've kept on stepping, even if it's little steps. And I'm here to tell ya, those little steps add up to noticeable changes and it works. I've got 79 pounds of back up to say lil steps add up! There is no quitting this time for me, even when I get to goal, I will still be on a healthy quest for my body. So here's to health & happiness, one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment