Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A letter to me

I saw this idea from another blogger who mentioned yet another blogger had done this...confused yet? At any rate, I've had some things/thoughts floating around in this brain of mine lately and this seemed like a perfect way to let them out in some type of organized fashion. So here goes...

Dear me,

Just a letter to say a few things...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your will power. You have now survived and stuck with this healthy eating plan for two seasons, going on three. You started in spring and kept it up through summer now, that's a record I believe. Yes, you've "gone off the wagon" a time or two, but you've made the decision to do so and also made allowances for those decisions, good or bad. You stuck with them, and stuck to it. That is CHANGE, change for the better. May this will power carry on, relentlessly.

I am so proud of the excercise habits you are making. You are continually working out, got through being sick, got through hurting your ankle etc. and yet you did not fall back into old habits, you kept strong and got back to working out. This is one of the most important success' and key to losing weight as consistantly as you have. Like a friend once said--it's not rocket science, burn more calories than you take in." As if it was only indeed that easy, but in a way that makes you get back to basics when you lose sight of it all.

I love the body that is emerging, I like to think of it as a caterpillar shedding it's ultra huge cocoon. I caught a glimpse of myself in a window reflection tonight while on a bike ride with my family. I did a double take. I am really shrinking, I can see it. Then I think, am I really or is it this fooling mind? He he. I KNOW I am, I have physical evidence. My clothes are too big, clothes that were once too tight are now too big and it's WONDERFUL. I remember catching glimpses of myself in the reflection at work and I would look away quickly, ashamed of myself and what I had become. Now, I see a new body coming alive again and it's electrifying!

I want to remind you of why you started on this journey for the finale--your future. Your future that includes your children, your children's children (if you are so blessed) and so on. I want to see all my children grow and learn, explore life...There is so much we do not control, this is one thing I can to try and insure a future that lasts. I want to look good. LOOK GEWWWWWWWWD. I want to shop at any store, I want to have several great choices to wear when Jay and I are going for a night out, I want to wear "skinny jeans"...so many more but these will suffice for now.

I no longer want the stress of "if I stand this way, I'll look thinner..." or "will it be so hot at work today that I'll be the only one sweating bullets?!" I want to sit with my legs crossed comfortably. I want to feel good in my body. I want to go to the amusement park with my kids and know I can get on any ride and not worry if I will be able to buckle up without a struggle.

You CAN do this, you ARE doing this. YOU WILL DO THIS. You are almost half way there. A couple short months ago you were staring down the barrel of a long, long path. Now, you are almost half way down that path. You can get to the end of that path, know that you can. Yes it will take more sweat, more struggle, more tears and more will power-but you will get there and you will cross that finish line a winner this time!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I am going to save this and use it sometime. It really gave me motivation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 you Debbie, thank you so much for the comments!

    ReplyDelete