Friday, August 13, 2010

It's all about choices

First things first, I am down another 2, 52 total lost so far! Ya-hoooo!

I put on some white capri's that I loved and wore when I lost weight a few years ago. They were my favorite capri's, little hangy doo-dads on them, side pockets...so cute. I tried them on and they were LOOSE. LOOSE. Wearable, when I tucked in a tank and pulled them up a little higher-hee hee. I was thrilled. I looked up my old weight watcher book and now I have lost more than I did while doing WW. That felt GREAT, I have done this myself-no paying. While I did enjoy WW, it was 12 bucks a week when I went which added up. I was going to be on it for a while and it added up. I ended up quitting and well, here I am. This time I wanted to do it myself. Free. It's not rocket science, I CAN do this. I AM doing this. It feels GREAT!

Last night I went to see Eclipse with a good friend and my sis-in-law. It was AWESOME, but I am a Twi-hard, I admit that. When we walked in, Nancy (who is also doing WW and we share our weigh-in info. to support eachother) said let's get some popcorn. I said nooooooooo, movie theatre popcorn is all kinds of EVIL bad fat-ness injected--you really don't want it. How 'bout some twizzlers to share instead?? Yes, you are right she said and we split a pack. No fat, some sugar, but not bad. I was thinking about this after and I feel a little biz-natch-y for doing that. But she is a super close friend and I knew she appreciated it. I talked her out of dumping that crap into her tummy! It's little choices like that, that add up to losses on the scale. I have learned that much so far.
I am so elated to be going down again, when I was up a couple weigh-in's after so much hard work, it was tough. But I stuck to it when I wanted to give up, got back on when I fell off with a couple pizza and slider snack fests and now I am down 52. If I had let that slip up continue, I'd be letting go of all my hard work and watching it slip away, back onto my body as fat. I need to remind myself of these things when I am up again and have a rough patch. I am committed to getting to my goal, one good choice at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. 2.5lbs is wonderful. I wish I could do it myself the meetings seem to help me. Of course it gives me a reason to not have to cook supper that night to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! You have been working VERY hard. :o) I could look up a fat free brownie recipe for you and then bake them! :o)

    ReplyDelete