Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Reflections

I noticed something tonight after working out at the club. I did a lap between the elliptical session and octane sessions I did and noticed my reflection. I did a double take, not believing it to be true. What I saw in that reflection wasn't as bad as I remembered. I used to cringe inside when I'd be forced to see how big I let myself become. I almost couldn't stand it, there was no where else to look and it was staring me in the face. When I saw it tonight, I was pleasantly surprised. This time I looked much thinner, and it was amazing to me.
I have now lost 55 pounds total, as of Sunday. 55 pounds is a LOT, half way to 60, then I'm onto 70...wow. I did not think when I first began this journey, that I'd get here. It seemed so far away, to have a nice number lost under my belt--literally. Yet I am here, over half way to my second goal of this journey and it feels wonderful. I am excited to go back to work when school starts, excited to see if people notice. I so love when people give me compliments, it's like a re-charge of my weight loss motivation.
I had a great work-out tonight, sticking to my plan of working out every other day has been going well. Changing it up, more for ease than boredom.
Here's to many more surprising, exciting reflections looking back at me to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment