Monday, May 10, 2010

Hello Monday, glad you stopped by again

It's Monday after a long, party filled weekend. Friday night we had my mil's 60th birthday party here with lots of people. I made lots of food, with the help of my sister and sis-in-law. It was great, even though the weather did not cooperate. I did not eat much at all during the day, partly due to business and partly on purpose cuz I knew I was going to indulge a bit in the evening. After all, my sil was bringing a chocolate fountain! lol
Saturday we scored a babysitter ( thanks to my sweet niece and her great bf) and we indulged a little more at a new mexican restaurant. Again, I skipped eating all day to enjoy the evening.
Sunday, my most amazing hubby made a fabulous brunch for me, my mil and mil's mom. It was to DIE FOR! I ate ALL DAY. Yes, ALL DAY. One of my mom's day presents was a chocolate fountain and it was put into good use Sunday. I ate the brunch and went back for chocolate fountain dipped goodness several times as the day went on. I did not punish myself for it. I said I was going to let myself eat what I wanted and I did. I got a great foot rub from my daughter last night as well and it was niiiiiice.
So, today, Monday is here again and I actually like my old friend. OK, so part of it is that I don't work until Wed so Monday is nice, but still. Monday kicks me into gear, gets me back on my plan, gives me a purpose to stay in control. I weighed in and was up a pound. I can handle that, I knew it was going to be slightly up and that's OK. I weighed last week and was down again, by 2 or so so being up 1 doesn't freak me out. Today I've done good. I went for a long walk with AJ, and ate steamed broccoli for lunch with a little (2 tbs or so) of cheese sprinkled on plus a small fruit salad. I didn't eat breakfast, I was busy cleaning and tidying unless you count the two grapes I ate from AJ's. ;O) All in all, I like Mondays-they give me the reason to get back on and do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment