Sunday, June 27, 2010

McDonald's french fries

used to be a downfall of mine. Well, they still are but I resisted their fried soggy ( I love the soft, squishy ones) goodness today and I am blogging about it. We stopped at McD's as a treat to the kids for lunch today and I always sneak 2 or 3--ok--maybe more like 6 or 8--fries from them. Today I decided I wasn't going to. I thought about it for a second, did I really want that fry or two? Not really I concluded. Could I not even sneak a single fry? Yes, I can! I did it, I did not eat one single fry. Then later, the kidlets didn't finish theirs and I wanted to wash the table cloth that was on the table. Those fries stared me in the face daring me to eat them. I did not. I am not crabby, feeling like I denied myself something nor am I craving something saltly...I *dare I say it* feel like I'm making some progress here! I really feel like this is a change I can stay with. That feels great!
I have lost 42 pounds now and THAT feels great. Of course, my mind always wanders to the fact that I have much more to go, but I'm well on my way and I will get there. Come hell or high water (as my mom used to say) I will get there!

1 comment:

  1. You are MAKING progress! Each little baby step will eventually turn into a big leap! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete