Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainbows




Have always been a favorite of mine. Ever since I was a child, I'd see one with my parents in our many trips back and forth from Duluth or see them outside and we'd always say something like..."God must be smiling" or "God sent us a smile"...Even now when I see them, I like to think it's a little smile sent from my Mom. Which is why I'm using rainbows to track my weight loss. Yes, rainbows. Even though wii fit keeps track of my losses and/or gains, I like to have something I can look at easily. I made my own tracker, and it's a rainbow path. Every individual square represents 1 pound I lose. To fill a rainbow, I need to lose 6 pounds. For every 6 pounds I lose, I made a mark on the path with what I call a bridge. It's really helping me push onward, stay on track and stay focused.
Today is a special day, I've completed 4 rainbows! 24 pounds lost! I've never gone this far on my own, so I'm in unchartered waters now. But for the first time in my life, I'm happy about that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment